mpnewsflash.com
Advertisement
Top Stories

Nation is secured owing to sacrifice and devotion of soldiers

Bhopal. The Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan along with the wife attended ‘Ek Shaam Veeron ke Naam’ programme organized at Shaurya Smarak on the eve of the Independence Day. Paying tribute to the Martyrs, he said that the entire country is secured today only because of the sacrifice and devotion of the soldiers. The state government has taken a decision to observe Shaheed Samman Diwas in the state on August 14 every year. Chouhan informed that about 30 thousand soldiers and jawans of defence, paramilitary and police force have sacrificed their life while discharging their duties after the independence. The Shaurya Smarak has been established in the form of tribute towards such brave persons. Memories of Martyrs were cherished at the Shaurya Smarak so that the entire society could remember and pay tribute to them.

Moreover, Chouhan stated that the state government has taken a decision to give Rs. One crore in the form of Samman Nidhi (Honorarium) to the families of the Martyrs. Out of this amount, 40 percent will be given to the parents of Martyr to enable them to lead their life peacefully. The remaining 60 percent amount will be given to the wife of Martyr. He further said that government service to one member of the Martyr’s family will be provided as per the eligibility. A residential plot or flat will be given to help Martyrs’ children to pursue their education. In the memories of Martyrs public places will be named after them. Moreover, a provision has been made for installation Martyrs’ statues with the permission of their families, he added.

The Chouhan sang a patriotic song ‘Mera Rang de Basanti Chola’ and saw exhibition on topic ‘Apni Sena Jaaniye’. The Military Band presented musical presentation of Salaam to Solidier and Jai Ho song, whereas Hundred- Pipers and Jai Janambhoomi were presented by the Pipe Band. Similarly, presentation of Mera Rang de Basanti Chola besides Saare Jahan se Achcha and Qadmon se Qadam Milte hain songs were presented by the Jazz Band and Abhilash Music Group. At the outset guests paid floral tribute to the soil of the Martyrs Shaurya Raj. Recital of Vande Matram and Madhya Pradesh Gaan also took place in the programme.