Power supply in over 14 lakh 81 thousand houses through Soubhagya Yojana

Bhopal. Power supply has been provided to nearly 14 lakh 10 thousand 708 houses so far under Soubhagya Yojana in Madhya Pradesh. Total 28 lakh 80 thousand houses without power connections will be electrified by October 2018. Target of electrification of 10 districts including Aagar-Malwa, Mandsaur, Indore, Khandwa, Neemuch, Dewas, Ratlam, Harda, Ashoknagar and Ujjain has been achieved cent percent under this scheme.

With the help of the centre, the state government is providing power connections to all those poor families who are deprived of power connection in Madhya Pradesh. Very soon three other districts including Sehore (99%), Shajapur (99%) and Bhopal (96%) will be included in the list of 100 percent electrified districts in the state.

So far Purva Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company has given power connections to 4 lakh 69 thousand 153 houses against the target of 15 lakh 7 thousand 20 houses of 20 districts so far. Madhya Kshetra Company has electrified 6 lakh 3 thousand 555 houses against target of 18 lakh 55 thousand 325 houses of 16 districts. Paschim Kshetra Company has provided power connections to 3 lakh 38 thousand against target of 7 lakh 16 thousand 851 poor families of 15 districts by October.

Under the Soubhagya Yojana, the state gets 60 percent amount in the form of grant from the centre to provide free power connections to poor families. The remaining 40 percent amount is being jointly managed by the state administration and the three power companies. Under this yojana, socio-economically backward persons are being provided free power connections. Others are being charged Rs 500 in ten installments with the electricity bill.