mpnewsflash.com
Advertisement
Education

Sarvashiksha Abhiyan - Free Text Books to be Distributed in Government Schools

Bhopal. Under the Sarvashiksha Abhiyan, free text books will be distributed in class 1 to 8 of Government Primary and Middle Schools of the state in the academic session 2017-18. The State Education Centre has issued directives to all the District Collectors in this regard. It has been told that text books should be distributed within the stipulated time table. The books will be provided by the Text Book Corporation to all the blocks till April 30.

Information regarding text books allotment will be entered at the education portal as soon as books are received at the block level. School and Jan-Shiksha Centre wise list for enrolment of children has been provided at the education portal. Also necessary instructions have been issued regarding transportation of text books. Maharashtra Rajya Pustak Nirmit va Abhyaskram Sanshodhan Mandal Pune has been authorised for Marathi course books. Free text books on Environmental Study and Social Science in Urdu language and Hindi, Maths and Science subjects in Hindi language beside English language text books will be provided to Madarsas registered under the Madarsa Board.

A total of 90 percent books printed by the Text Book Corporation will be given directly to the schools and the remaining 10 percent books will be kept at block level in stock. Moreover, it has been told that books should be distributed by the School Management Committee during the Pravesh Utsav programme in presence of MP, MLA, Representatives of Panchayat and Local Bodies. Free text books were provided to 75 lakh 60 thousand students of class 1 to 8 in the academic session 2016-17.